Forbo Eurocol 140 Euromix PU 6.9 Kg
Water-resistant 2-component PU adhesive.
|Basis||:||Polyurethane resin and hardener.|
- Moisture-resistant and weatherproof
- Heavy duty resistant
- Extremely high final bond strength
- Temperature resistant from -40° C to +150° C
|Consumption||:||550 - 650 g/m², depending on material and subfloor.|
|Specific weight||:||Comp. A 1.9 kg/l, Comp. B 1.24 kg/l.|
For the installation of:
- rubber floor covering
- vinyl floor covering
- ceramic materials.
|Storage||:||Protect against high temperatures.|
|Tools||:||Adhesive spreader. The type of spreader depends material and subfloor.|
|Mixing ratio||:||100 parts by weight of component A 15 parts by weight of component B.|
|Open time||:||Approx. 30 minutes.*|
|Drying time||:||Approx. 24 hours.*|
|Shelf Life||:||Approx 12 months, in unopened packaging.|
|Potlife||:||Approx. 70 minutes.*|
* The mentioned values have been established in our laboratory and must be considered as guidelines in view of possible variations in climatic circumstances, subfloor compositions and layer thickness.
550 - 650 g/m², depending on material and subfloor.
- 140 Euromix PU is suitable for any type of subfloor that has a good tensile and compression strength. The subfloor should also be even, clean, permanently dry and free from grease and dust, according to the requirements of BS 8203 or DIN 18 365.
- Prime porous, rough surfaces and cement screeds that are crumbling on the surface with 021 Euroblock Reno.
- If alkaline moisture or construction moisture is present and the stony subfloor is above groundwater-level apply two coats 021 Euroblock Reno. When 021 Euroblock Reno is hardened fix directly with 140 Euromix PU.
- In advance always seek our technical data sheets. In doubt about the application ask for technical advice.
Required surrounding temperature : 18 - 23 °C.
Temperature for material and subfloor : min. 15° - max. 20 ºC.
Relative humidity : 40 - 70%.
The adhesive will also bond at lower temperatures, but will be less easy to apply. Besides the bonding of the adhesive will slow down and the adhesion on smooth surfaces, in particular metal, will decrease strongly. Check in advance if the rubber floor covering is ready for installation or has to be sandpapered beforehand.
Directions for use:
- Add component B to component A. If only part of the packaging is to be used add 15 parts by weight of component B to 100 parts by weight of component A.
- Stir thoroughly, using an electric stirrer, to a smooth and homogeneous mixture.
- Only mix as much adhesive that can be used within the mentioned pot life of approx. 70 minutes.
- Apply the mixture immediately on the subfloor with the recommended adhesive spreader. The quantity of adhesive depends on material and subfloor.
- When fixing a floor covering with a stud back make sure to apply sufficient adhesive, so the hollow sections between the studs are sufficiently filled with adhesive. Due to the large variety of backings it is not possible to indicate a standard adhesive spreader and spreading capacity.
Place the floor covering directly into the wet adhesive. A short waiting time within the open time of 30 minutes improves the final adhesion a little. In case of topping edges place a load during 6 hours.
To avoid accumulation of the adhesive do not walk on the fresh applied floor covering. Always walk behind the roller during rolling.
- Repeat pressing and roling after 1 - 2 hours.
Remove fresh adhesive spots immediately with white spirit. Clean tools immediately after use with white spirit.
140 Euromix PU can be applied on underfloor heating systems. The startprotocol of the floorheating needs to be completly executed in accordance with the directives of the supplier. Turn off the heater 24 hours before application; do not heat again until at least 24 hours after installation, in steps of maximum 5 °C watertemperature per day.